UPDATED COVID-19 POLICY as of July 29, 2022
WE ARE OPEN!
As valued members of our dance family, we care about the health and well-being of our students, staff, and their families. We would like to assure you that we are taking steps to provide the safest environment for our families as we continue providing you with our services!
In an effort to minimize the amount of people within our facility, we will continue limiting our maximum class capacity per assigned classroom. In addition, only dancers are allowed to wait in our lobby. Parents are welcome to wait in their car or our limited front-desk area. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Please help us keep you all safe!
What We Are Doing To Keep You Safe:
– Entry Way: No dancer should be entering or exiting the building wearing their dance shoes. Dance shoes are to be worn inside the studio only. We have installed a sanitizing floor mat in our entrance, so street shoes can be cleaned when entering the building.
– Front Desk: The front desk area is open and accessible to serve you. We have guards installed for safety.
– Surface Cleaning: Our common areas will be cleaned frequently. In addition, our studio equipment will be cleaned between classes.
– Waiting Area: The waiting area is closed to the general public. The waiting area is only available to our dance students waiting between classes. Parents are welcome to drop off their dancers and pick them up when finished or wait in the car.
– Restrooms: Restrooms will be open for our students and staff. Restrooms will be maintained, cleaned, and wiped down per CDC recommendations.
– Hand Sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer readily available throughout our facility and encourage everyone to utilize it frequently.
– Hand-washing: Dancer will be asked to wash their hands at the end of class and between classes (if applicable).
– Staff Members: Only staff feeling well (without symptoms) will be at the studio. Front desk staff members may wear a face mask while serving you at their discretion. Teachers may also wear masks inside the classroom at any time at their discretion. Mask will be used per CDC guidelines for self-isolation. Alius Dance School reserves the right to request the use of masks for any person showing flu-like symptoms while in our facility.
– Class Sizes: We will limit our class sizes to accommodate social distancing guidelines and keep students farther apart. This will also help limit the number of students that will be in our facility at one time.
– Water: Our water fountain is open to refill water bottles only. All dancers should bring their own bottled water or refillable water bottle for use while at our facility. Water bottles left at the studio will be discarded by the end of the week.
– Virtual Classes Availability: In the event that you can’t come to the studio (due to feeling sick as explained below), the classes may be streamed and/or recorded via Zoom upon request only. You will have to notify us at least 24 hours in advance, so we can provide you with the link or recording. Please note that classes attended virtually do not qualify for make-ups.
What You Can Do to Stay Safe:
– Feeling sick: If your dancer or anyone in your household is sick, not feeling well, or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
– Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging all to cough and sneeze into their arms, not in their hands, and immediately go to the restroom to wash their hands and face.
– Sudden symptoms while at our facility: Students not feeling well during class will be removed from class, isolated, and parents will be called to arrange immediate pick-up.
– Hand washing: We encourage frequent hand washing (for at least 20 seconds before rinsing). Our facility has a water heater. We encourage you to use warm water when hand washing.
– Face masks: The use of facemasks is optional but recommended. Please be kind to those that elect to use them. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to require the use of facemasks for all dancers and visitors in the event that we start getting adversely affected by teachers’ or dancers’ absences.
Any face masks left behind will be discarded at the end of the day.
– Water: The water fountain is available only to refill water bottles. , but we highly encourage you to bring your own water bottle. Make sure it is labeled with the dancer’s name. Any water bottles left behind will be discarded at the end of the day.
– Close Contact: Please talk to your dancer about social-distancing safety and personal space.
Procedures to follow:
– Arrival: Dancers are to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class.
– Drop-off: Parents shall drop off dancer(s) at the front door. Parents are welcome to wait in their car at the parking lot or return at the end of class for pick up.
– Shoes Sanitizing: All dancers, teachers, and staff will be asked to clean their shoes at the entry way on the sanitizing floor mat. Street shoes should be then removed and changed into dance shoes. No dance shoes should be worn outside the studio at any time. Dance shoes shall be used only inside the studio only and not in the street. Street shoes are not allowed on the dance floor.
– Hand washing: Teachers may request dancers to wash or sanitize their hands after each class. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
– Cleanliness: There may be a 5-minute turn around between classes to clean frequently touched surfaces and dance studio equipment at the teacher’s discretion. All our surfaces, equipment, and bathrooms are disinfected at the end of each day.
– Waiting between classes: Only dancers will be allowed to wait in the lobby when taking multiple classes on any given day.
– Absences due to Covid-19: In the event that you or your dancer has missed classes due to Covid-19 quarantine or isolation, no credits or refunds will be given. The same policy for makeup classes and attendance applies as per our School Policies here.
Please note that if you answer YES to any of the following statements, you/your dancer(s) will not be permitted to participate in any of Alius Dance School’s events for the next 10 days regardless of vaccination status:
(1) your dancer has had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
(2) your dancer or someone in your household experienced any COVID-19-related symptoms in the last 10 days (sore throat, headache, congestion, fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms, etc.); and/or
(3) your child(ren), or someone in your household traveled outside of the US or to regions deemed high risk by the CDC, or have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled to those areas within the last 14 days. We are closely monitoring the government guidance and recommendation in regards to COVID-19, and will continue to adjust our protocols according to the phases of re-opening that our state and city recommend.
If you believe your dancer(s) has been exposed or has been in close contact with someone who has positively tested for COVID-19, you are responsible for immediately communicating this to Alius Dance School’s management.
Any dancer presenting any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 while in our facility, will be asked to leave classes or activities.
Your dancer may be able to return and resume normal participation at Alius Dance School with a negative COVID-19 test result. You can also use the CDC Quarantine and Isolation calculator to help you determine how long you need to isolate, quarantine, or take other steps to prevent spreading COVID-19.
We are thankful to all of you for working with us during this time. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are very excited to see you in person!
Please let us know if you have any questions.