HIRING: Classical Ballet Teacher
At Alius Dance, we are currently accepting applications for Classical Ballet Teachers. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of dance teachers dedicated to enriching the lives of dancers in Jacksonville through pre-professional ballet instruction and with the support of an inclusive community.
You can apply by filling out this form
Once you apply you will receive a confirmation of your submission via email and we will contact you within 72 hours to follow up with you or schedule a formal interview with our Artistic Director and Owner, Alexa Mieses.
About this position
CLASSICAL BALLET TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
This role is primarily to teach classical ballet from primary to advanced students and adults following a classical ballet curriculum. The role also requires a proactive engagement with the other activities of the School such as performances, intensive courses, and access events plus additional coordination tasks as needed.
Essential duties are planning classes, monitoring student progress, meeting with parents, providing constructive criticism, coordinating rehearsals, and minimizing injury risks. We are looking for a classical ballet instructor with ballet dance experience, teaching experience, coaching classical ballet, effective communication, people skills, excellent organization, and enthusiasm.
Location Alius Dance School, 14181 Beach Blvd Suite 1, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Hours Part-time, Monday-Saturdays as timetabled during the dance season
Safeguarding Duties and Responsibilities
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The following is expected of all staff:
- to uphold the School’s policies relating to safeguarding & child protection, behavior, Health & Safety, and all other relevant policies
- to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible, and come into contact with
- to ensure full compliance with all statutory regulations, in particular keeping children safe in education, communicating concerns to the administration.
Main Duties (This list should be seen as illustrative rather than prescriptive).
- Structure and teach ballet classes following a classical ballet program
- Maintain appropriate staff/student relationships
- Support and mentor students in all aspects of their training
- Assist in the planning and execution of the dance performances (includes turning in paperwork in a timely manner).
- Attend and supervise dancers during rehearsals and performances for student showcases and recitals
- Assist in marketing and promoting the dance program as needed.
- Support school events as required
- Serve in a professional and courteous manner with the highest regard to the customer.
- Produce written reports and assessments on student progress
- Record and report on student attendance
- Attend staff meetings, training, and performances.
- Communicate with parents of students as required
- Record notes of conversations with parents
- Respecting Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Use technology to support the delivery of classes and training as needed
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
- Experience in teaching classical ballet to students of all ages
- Previous professional performing career (experience) in classical ballet
- Proactive and flexible approach to work, willing to be involved in all areas of the School’s dance initiatives
- Openness and willingness to develop and evolve as a teacher and in all areas of the role
- Openness and willingness to adapt to new teaching methodology as and when introduced
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build good supportive relationships with students, colleagues, and the wider dance community
- Flexible attitude towards duties and working patterns in order to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Understanding and commitment to the goals and philosophy of the School.
- Able to produce concise written reports for parent and student communication.
- A dance teaching qualification endorsed by a recognized educational body
- Knowledge/Understanding of classical ballet repertoire
- Coaching experience for ballet competitions such as YAGP, UBC, IBC, etc.