WE ARE OPEN!
As a valued member of our dance family, we care about the health and well-being of our students, staff, and their families. As we maintain our facility opened, we would like to assure you that we are taking steps to provide the safest environment for our families!
In an effort to minimize the amounts of people within our facility, we will be limiting our classes to 10 participants maximum per classroom. In addition, only dancers are allowed to wait in our lobby. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Please help us keep you all safe!
What We Are Doing To Keep You Safe:
– Entry Way: We have installed a sanitizing floor mat in our entrance, so street shoes can be cleaned when entering the building. No dancer should be entering or exiting the building wearing their dance shoes. Dance shoes are to be worn inside the studio only.
– Front Desk: The front desk area is protected with guards for safety, and it will be accessible if you need to make payments or need assistance.
– Surface Cleaning: Our common areas will be cleaned frequently. In addition, our studio equipment will be cleaned between classes.
– Waiting Area: The waiting area will be closed to the general public. The waiting area will only be available to our dance students waiting between classes. Parents are welcome to drop off their dancer and pick up when finished or wait in the car.
– Restrooms: Restrooms will be open for our students and staff to use. Restrooms will be maintained, cleaned, and wiped down per CDC recommendations.
– Hand Sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer readily available throughout our facility and encourage everyone to utilize it frequently.
– Hand-washing: Dancer will be asked to wash their hands at the end of class and between classes (if applicable).
– Staff Members: Only staff feeling well (without symptoms) will be at the studio. Staff will be monitored for temperature. Front desk staff members will be wearing face masks while serving you. Teachers will be wearing masks inside the classroom anytime that social distancing requirements cannot be met due to the nature of teaching a dance class.
– Class Sizes: We will limit our class sizes to accommodate social distancing guidelines and keep students farther apart. This will also help limit the number of students that will be in our facility at one time.
– No close contact: Recommended social distancing of 6-ft will be encouraged while in the studio and waiting areas.
– Water: Our water fountain has been disabled for the time been for sanitary reasons.
– Virtual Classes Availability: In the event that you can’t come to the studio (due to feeling sick as explained below), the classes may be streamed and/or recorded via Zoom upon request only. You will have to notify us ahead of time, so we can provide you with the link or recording. Please note that classes attended virtually do not qualify for make-ups.
What You Can Do to Stay Safe:
– Feeling sick: If your dancer or anyone in your household is sick, not feeling well, or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
– Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging all to cough and sneeze into their arms, not in their hands, and immediately go to the restroom to wash their hands and face. Students not feeling well during class will be removed from class, isolated, and parents will be called to arrange immediate pick-up.
– Hand washing: We encourage frequent hand washing (for at least 20 seconds before rinsing). Our facility has a water heater. We encourage you to use warm water when hand washing.
– Face masks: Make sure your nose and mouth are covered while visiting our lobby. Dancers should wear face mask while in class. Make sure to find an appropriate mask for your dancer that it’s comfortable and allows them to breathe comfortably. If your dancer has a health condition for which is best not to wear a face mask while exercising, please let us know. Dancers may be allowed to dance without a mask when 6-ft distance can be maintained within the dance class. Any face masks left behind will be discarded at the end of the day.
– Water: Since the water fountain is disabled, please make sure to bring your own water bottle. Make sure it is labeled with the dancer’s name. Any water bottles left behind will be discarded at the end of the day.
– Close Contact: Please talk to your dancer about social distancing safety and personal space.
Procedures to follow:
– Arrival: Dancers are to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class.
– Drop-off: Parents shall drop off dancer(s) at the front door and wait for them to be screened before leaving. Once screening is completed successfully, parents are welcomed to wait in their car in the parking lot or return at the end of class for pick up.
– Shoes Sanitizing: All dancers, teachers, and staff will be asked to clean their shoes at the entry way on the sanitizing floor mat. Street shoes should be then removed and changed into dance shoes. No dance shoes should be worn outside the studio at any time. Dance shoes shall be used only inside the studio.
– Screening: All dancers, teachers, and staff will have their temperature checked at the entrance prior to joining any class. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will be ask to leave the studio.
– Hand washing: Dancers will be asked to wash their hands prior to entering class. Teachers will also have dancers wash or sanitize their hands after each class. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
– Cleanliness: There will be a 5-minute turn around between classes to clean frequently touched surfaces and dance studio equipment.
– Waiting between classes: Only dancers will be allowed to wait in the lobby when taking multiple classes on any given day. A face mask shall be worn at all times when waiting.
Please note that if you answer YES to any of the following statements, you/your dancer(s) will not be permitted to participate of any Alius Dance School’s events for the next 14 days: (1) your dancer has had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days; (2) your dancer, or someone in your household experienced any COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem, etc.); and/or (3) your child(ren), or someone in your household traveled outside of the US or to regions deemed high risk by the CDC, or have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled to those areas within the last 14 days.We are closely monitoring the government guidance and recommendation in regards to COVID-19, and will continue to adjust our protocols according to the phases of re-opening that our state and city recommend.
If you believe your dancer(s) has been exposed or has been in close contact with someone who has positively tested for COVID-19, you are responsible for immediately communicating this to Alius Dance School’s management.
Any dancer presenting any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 while in our facility, will be asked to leave classes or activities.
Your dancer may be able to return and resume normal participation at Alius Dance School with a doctor’s note/clearance. A negative COVID-19 test result may be required in order to resume normal participation.
We are thankful to all of you for working with us during this time. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are very excited to see you in person!
Please let us know if you have any questions.